Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Unformulated Denial Leads Us Down a Sprialing Abyss

I spoke the truth to you so we could walk away,
But you've left me here with these scars unhealed,
Licking the wounds to help recover what has lost,
I am nothing in your eyes now that this is opened,
A fading shadow hung from the ceiling with twine,
Watch as I squirm in my seat deeply unsettled,
I will contort into your vision of perfection defined,
Shedding the mistakes you've made me admit,
Digging into the skin to remove the past I hold tightly,
Once I'm bear maybe you will see the damage you have inflicted,
So masochistically you lead me into your den of false solace,
Bending my bones into your mold I could never fill,
Dragging it out longer than we thought possible,
And as I busted at the seems you simply turned a blind eye,
Leaving me here to spill on the carpet into the tile,
So helpless I came to you and you came back to me,
For nothing is all we would ever gain,
This sick twisted game of what-if's we played,
Until the day came where it was too much,
Way to overwhelming to contain,
Sleepless nights where you'd haunt me as I faded in and out of reality,
Leading me deeper into the belly of your beast,
I have never turned my back to your cries,
Oh how you've done such to me,
And I can always love you with an incredible pain throughout,
The day you crawl back I have begged too long,
I am still awake with you engraved in my vision,
Balancing on my spine and breaking my neck softly,
I can only wait until our time is run to the quick,
Stealing your memories and placing myself in the blanks,
This has become so pathetic / these cries of torment you ignore,
Replacing your voice with a pill,
Turning you into a feeling of regret late into the night,
Swearing on our name to forever burn in the flames we ignite,
I could feel the weight collapse into me,
And so naive we must have been,
To ever think I was right, and the score was tied,
You had left a trail of blood crumbs leading us here,
Clue by clue I erased as I placed my hand upon them,
I'm sorry we ever met,
but I hope we meet again,
And the rain can wash this all away.

No comments:

Post a Comment