Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Apocalyptic Jokes Inside a Holocaust Bound in Weak Fabric

Swaying to the sounds of pessimism,
We danced under the rain of blood,
Together as one we meant nothing,
The feeling must be mutual and if it's not it'll decay,
Wait, I think I've understood this concept before,
Again, I've fallen away from the crowd,
Alone and distant we heard them speak of the end of times,
With disregards to the warnings, I depart deeper into the theory,
I haven't felt this isolated in ages,
But it's to be expected,
The world has vanished around me,
And the ones that I've loved have joined the graveyards,
The parking lots with tombstones create dry tears,
Emotions have been replaced with artificial reactions,
I'm nothing compared to them,
Their ashes will mean more than my life's work,
Collected in a pile combed with the teeth of our deepest regret,
The lights seem to flicker in this room,
Windowless and hollow I sway to the sounds of silence,
So loud my ears begin to bleed,
Understand, there is no one left to grasp the simplest concept,
All have perished in the falsities created by man,
Subdued the subconsious into a false state of comfort,
A white lie to help us survive, destroy those who oppose,
I'll try to hold what's left of her remains,
My palms so sweaty and the nerves clenching,
I've laid in the burial grounds of humanity to wake empty handed,
Screaming will never make a single sound,
Theology is all lost in this abysmal emptiness,
The ideas of the lost are wasted now in the rotting trees,
Buried in their own self pity, I could swear that was a tear,
The administration tells me to settle down before it gets out of control,
In a blink, they become nothing more than a terrible memory repressed,
These walls are padded and seem to breathe the air I choose to ignore,
This explains the sirens warning the corpses of emending doom,
The beasts from the water have risen but the eyes are blind,
Serpents speak the words of salvation, the ears have gone deaf,
The doctors advise my diagnosis, these hallways echo the last footstep,
Remove the central nervous system,
The vessel to the new dawn of existence,
The remaining survivor of the spiritual holocaust,
The button for the nurse is obsolete for she has passed on,
Behind the walls and under the morgue the staff weeps in flames,
The doors will unlock with the key incarcerated,
Shards of glass became scalpels for their operation,
When did the orderly become the patients?
I have swallowed the last of my pain,
It was administered with a cup of water and sympathetic eyes,
This place is hollowed out from within,
The remainder on the solution to the true essence of existence,
I am the stain on perfection,
With a few loops and a knot I can sway like the breeze,
All I need is the doctor's permission to embark,
The deceased speak nothing more than the words they've already uttered,
Offering me nothing of importance I must watch as they toil in the flames,
Digging with ingrown nails into each others flesh,
I hunger for her taste once more as this witness closes his eyes,
Emptied out the sanity into the ashes of the eternal flame,
I will gather the materials from the abandoned stations,
In the end,
I will join the rest of them,
I can not be alone any longer than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment